Bone Lake School 1932-33, Verna Lindblad - teacher. Students are, from left to right: Gladys Mae Benson, Donald Sandgren, George Larson, Wallace Larson, John Jelmberg, Ralph Struck, Hazel Pingius, Lorraine Swenson, Evelyn Larson, Eleanor Jelmberg, Franklin Peterson, Leonard Carlson, Pearl Bloom, Selma Ringius, Ed Larson, Plassie Bloom, Beatrice Swenson.
If you have photos of this school or if you have memories of the school to share, contact us.
|District formed||District petitioned in 1892.|
|Years schools built||1864, 1928|
|General location||West of Bone Lake, about half way between Scandia and Chisago City|
|Modern address||Located at Hwy. 2 in Lofton|
|Notes||- 1860: The first school
was in the residence of John Nelson, 30 years before the District was
- 1864: Schoolhouse is built.
- Enrollment in 1898: 43 students.
- First school building burned down in 1927
- "The schoolhouse, which is a wooden structure, is situated at the juncture of four roads on a slight elevation, commanding a beautiful view of Bony Lake on the northeast. It faces the east and is partly surrounded by large trees which makes it pleasant for the children in the summertime" -Stillwater Gazette, March 1899.
- "Students recall swimming n Bone Lake over the noon hour when the weather was warm and skating on it during the winter." - Country Messenger, Wednesday, August 3, 1994
|1860: Emma Walker
1898-9: Ethel Bergman
1932-3: Verna Lindbled
|Other teachers: (before 1898): A.B. Falk, Louis Lammers, Nancy Weberg, Edith Weberg, Lucy Brown, Dora Kenyon, Adolph Torelle.|